NEW VersaSTUDIO BN-20D Desktop Direct-to-Film System
With the VersaSTUDIO BN-20D, you get the outstanding features and legendary reliability of Roland DG’s best-selling BN-20, plus the advantages of an integrated direct-to-film system. The BN-20D makes enhancing apparel with eye-catching graphics – even the most detailed designs, images and text – a simple, trouble-free process. Create eye-catching durable custom T-shirts and more in just four easy steps, with no weeding or masking required.
- Simple direct-to-film process - transfer even detailed graphics and fine text quickly and easily without weeding or masking.
- Complete direct-to-film solution featuring the BN-20D printer and available S-PG inks, S-F164 film, and S-Powder (each sold separately).
- Unsurpassed reliability and minimal maintenance
- When not being used for film transfer printing, the BN-20D can also serve as a stand-alone vinyl cutter.
- Included VersaWorks 6 RIP software - Roland DG's most powerful, intuitive RIP to date.
Make Stunning Custom T-Shirts and Accessories
The BN-20D Direct-to-Film System lets you customize T-shirts and other apparel items with colorful, detailed graphics and text quickly and easily.
In Four Easy Steps
DTF transfer eliminates the labor-intensive process, such as cutting the outline of illustrations, removing waste from unnecessary areas, and retouching, which not only makes the work process more efficient, but also allows for the production of more complex and appealing designs.
Wide Variety of Garments
Transferable onto both light and dark fabrics, including not only cotton, but also polyester, cotton polyester, denim, nylon, rayon and more to produce a wide variety of garments.
Unsurpassed Roland DG Reliability, Color and Quality
You can count on the Roland DG VersaSTUDIO BN-20D Direct-to-Film System to provide reliable, stable performance day-in and day-out. You’ll also receive Roland DGA’s renowned warranty, service, and support for additional peace of mind.
Vibrant Color and Excellent Detail
True Rich Color presets in VersaWorks 6 allow you to widen your color gamut and achieve bolder, more targeted results. You get superior image quality and detail as well, with up to 1,440 dpi resolution.
One Integrated System
The BN-20D is a complete direct-to-film solution with certified ink, powder, and film that guarantees performance.
Roland DG quality means the BN-20D is the most reliable direct-to-film solution available.
VersaWorks, widely known as the most powerful, intuitive RIP software on the market, is included.
The BN-20D features a streamlined installation process for easy set-up.
With its integrated cutting capabilities, you can also use the BN-20D as a stand-alone vinyl cutter.
Meets Highest Standards for Safety and Sustainable Production
The BN-20D inks and powder are compliant with OEKO-TEX® ECO PASSPORT certification, an international standard that guarantees the safety of textile products. This standard ensures that each individual ingredient in chemicals, colorants and auxiliaries used in the textile industry meets statutory requirements and is not harmful to human health.
NEP 2302 Certified products: S-PG-CY/MG/YE/BK/WH
NEP 2303 Certified products: S-POWDER
Included VersaWorks 6
BN-20D devices have been engineered to make print production easy for users of all skill levels. In addition to a simplified control panel operation, it includes VersaWorks 6 RIP software, with powerfully simple RIP production tools, for managing all your print and cut output.
- HARLEQUIN RIP dual core engine and 64-bit native processing for enhanced speed and file handling.
- Add cut lines directly in the RIP— change vector data into cut line data.
- A variety of profiles designed for different types of application, enable high-quality print output without difficult settings.
- Easy drag-and-drop interface allows you to quickly add jobs to the print queue.
- Integrated spot color libraries include Pantone and Roland DG Color libraries.
- Intuitive tiling, cropping, nesting and other features that have made VersaWorks the world’s favorite software RIP
Why Choose Roland DG?
People buy Roland equipment because they know it will do what they need it to do - and more. Our mission is to be the best, not the biggest, which is why our solutions are the most reliable in the industry.
- Almost 40 years of trusted technical excellence
- Robust, flexible technology and repeatable results
- Unparalleled post-sales service and support
|Printing method / Cutting method||Piezoelectric inkjet / Grit roller feed|
|Acceptable media||Width1||150 to 515 mm (5.9 to 20.3 in.)|
|Thickness||Printing: Maximum 1.0 mm (39 mil) with liner|
|Cutting: Maximum 0.4 mm (16 mil) with liner and 0.22 mm (9 mil) without liner|
|Roll Weight||Maximum 6 kg (13.2 lb.)|
|Roll Outer Diamater||Maximum 150 mm (5.9 in.)|
|Core Diamater||76.2 mm (3 in.) or 50.8 mm (2 in.)|
|Printing/cutting width2||Maximum 480 mm (18.9 in.)|
|Ink Cartridges||Types||220-cc cartridge|
|Colors||Five colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and white)|
|Printing resolution||Max 1440 dpi|
|Cutting Blade||Type||Roland CAMM-1 series cutter blade|
|Blade offset||0.25 mm (9 mil)|
|Cutting speed||1 to 15 cm/s|
|Blade force||30 to 300gf|
|Software resolution (when cutting)||0.025 mm/step (0.000984 in/step))|
|Distance accuracy (when printing)4||Error of less than ± 0.3 % of distance traveled, or ± 0.3mm (0.012 in), whichever is greater.|
|Distance accuracy (when cutting)3,5||Error of less than ± 0.4 % of distance traveled, or ± 0.3mm (0.012 in), whichever is greater.|
|Repetition accuracy (When cutting)3,6||± 0.1mm (±0.004 in) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting3,7||± 0.5mm (±0.020 in) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting when reloading media3,8||Error of less than ± 0.5% of distance traveled, or ± 3mm (0.012 in), whichever is greater|
|Print Heater Temperature9||Fixed at 35oC (95o F)|
|Connectivity||USB (compliant with Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0)|
|Power-saving function/ Power Requrirements||Automatic sleep feature / AC 100 to 240V ± 10%, 1.0 A, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||During Operation||Approx. 90 W|
|Sleep Mode||Approx. 5.5 W|
|Acoustic Noise Level||During Operation||62 dB (A) or less|
|During Standby||42 dB (A) or less|
|Dimensions/Weight||1009 (W) x 582 (D) x 293 (H) mm (39.7 (W) x 22.9 (D) x 11.5 (H) in.) / 36kg (79.4lb)|
|Installation Environment||Power on10||Temperature: 20 to 32o C (68o - 90o F), humidity: 35 - 80% RH (non condensing)|
|Power off||Temperature: 5 to 40o C (41o - 104o F), humidity: 20 - 80% RH (non condensing)|
|Accessories||Power cord, USB cable, blade, blade holder, downloadable software and manual library— including VersaWorks RIP and User's Manual|
Please note: Manual cleaning at the end of the workday is recommended daily.
*1 It must be within the ranges shown below:
- 150 to 170 mm (5.9 to 6.7 inch)
- 200 to 235 mm (7.9 to 9.3 inch)
- 287 to 322 mm (11.3 to 12.7 inch)
- 348 to 383 mm (13.7 to 15.1 inch)
- 393 to 429 mm (15.5 to 16.9 inch)
- 439 to 474 mm (17.3 to 18.7 inch)
- 487 to 515 mm (19.2 to 20.3 inch)
*2 The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
*3 Media type:
- Media specified by Roland DG Corp.
- Temperature: 25 °C (77 °F), humidity: 50%
- Roll media must be loaded correctly.Front margin: 35 mm or more
- Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
- All correction or adjustment function of this machine has been made properly.
*4 With Roland PET film, print travel: 1 m
*5 Range for assured repetition accuracy: Length 1,000 mm
*6 Range for assured repetition accuracy : Length 1,000 mm
*7 • Provided that media length is under 1,000 mm
• Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media
*8 • Data size : 1,000 mm in the media-feed direction, 480 mm in the carriage-movement direction• No lamination
• Automatic detection of crop marks at 4 points when media is reloaded.
• Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media.
*9 • Warm-up is required after power up. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating environment.
• Depending on the ambient temperature and media width, the temperature may fail to be reached 35 (°F).
*10 Operating environment - Use in an operating environment with the range shown in the product documentation.